I know, Lego dimensions stopped it's production a long time ago. Which is a shame, cause I still highly enjoy the game and it still had a lot of potential. So just for fun, I filled out this "Lego dimensions wish list" meme, just for fun (and to compensate with the frustration to never have this be reality). Sadly I don't know who the original creator of this meme is, so I can't really give credit.
A) These are my opinion and choices. Please respect that. Of course you can tell me you opinion and choices in the comments if you like. OIr why you would think a certain theme I choose would/would not work
B) I try to keep kind of realistic with my choices, like based on lego dimensions previous themes, what we would mostly like to see. For example, the game was mostly focused on cartoon network based show and DC, so thats why there is no nickelodeon or Marvel on this list
c) I want all of them to include levelpacks, cause these are the most fun. XD
D) little bit of warning, you will clearly see a pattern here, of nostalgic, cartoons and space themes. XD
Well without wasting any more time, now to the list:
1) Bionicle (original): Bionicle was a huge deal when it came out and there are still a lot of people who freakin love it. So why not put one of legos biggest themes in there?
I think a mini-figure version of a bionicle would be as bizzare as it would be awesome, like when have you ever seen an official lego technic thing turned into regular lego? XD
The first Bionicle arc would make a great level, Matanui, with it's many different enviroments, a wonderfull hubworld to explore and with the whole Masks with different powers thing, one figure could cover up a lot of different abilities.
2) Lego Racers: One Problem I have with the game is the vehicles. Yes they look cool, but when you have a certain amount of figures, the vehicles pretty much become useless, which also hurts the second problem, I get into the end. So... why not make a levelpack for lego racers? Lego dimensions clearly wanted to put local multiplayer in it's game, so why not a good ol mario kart like racing game? With race tracks based on the other dimension themes? It would make a lot of use of the vehicles, even the none-wheel ones, like Marcelines Boom-boxx-spider. And c'mon, finally a physical figure of the legendary Rocket Racer and his car itself would be amazing.
3) Johnny Thunder: Considering Indiana Jones allready has it's own lego game series (thought the ps2 version was way better than the ps3), I would go with a retro lego theme instead.
THe legendary Johnny Thunder, who, for a while, even was kinda considered Legos mascot. Hardcore Lego fans love this guy (me included) and considering his set's in the past, they would offer a lot of cool worlds to explore.
4) UFO: Lego dimensions needed something space related... THAT IS NOT FREAKIN STAR WARS! I'm so freakin tired of Star Wars. I honestly kinda wish that Lego would stop with it and make some own space themes again, cause they where actually quiet good with that. So my first space themed choice is U.F.O. cause thats pretty much the space theme I grew up with as a kid.
Not sure yet about what kinda of story or so, but certainly would have made for some great figure and vehicles.
5) The Powerpuff girls (original): While I can pretend with the figures that they are the original, the hubworld in the game is a sad reminder of the truth. Specially since the original could have worked so well. Like make the powerpuff girl movie into the level of a level pack
a) Cleaning the house
b) The chase scene (mini fight against ganggreen gang
c) Building mojos lair
d) Monkey invasion, followed by boss fight against giant Mojo
6) Ben 10: Heck, considered how "meh" but not really horrible the reboot is, I even would be okay with that. Plus Ben would cover up a lot of abilities and he could transform into the fitting alien depending on the ability used. And the rustbucket as a vehicle would be pretty nice.
7) Unikitty: Gosh, if they would ahve waited just a little bit longer. Well at least she gets her own lego set soon, totally need to get me a Hawkodile.
8) Steven Univer: Beach city would at least make a wonderfull hubworld and you could put some other places of the show in there as well. heck another chance for a none-star-wars related space theme
9) Alien: Okay... I'm a little unrealistic here, because thats a freakin horror movie (thoooought, Jurasic World and Doktor who can be quiet frightening and traumatizing as well). So or so, the spacestation would be freakin awesome in lego format, either as a level or just a hub-world. Heck, the 80's scifi style was, what made me get alien isolation. Ripley would be a badass lego figure and the xenomorph could function as a vehicle.
10) Lord Vortex: the other problem I have with the game... there isn't really much to unlock, which was another hgihlight in the usual lego games. Only gold bricks to upgrade the vihecles... which again, with enough figures are kind of useless. They should have put something like unlockable bonus skins, bonus levels or at least:... 100% the main story, get a secret code so you can get a Lord Vortex figure for free. He actually has a pretty cool design, so having him as a physical lego figure certainly would have been awesome and you could play a lego dimension sequel in real life.
If he had a level, it could be his origina story.
Well that where all my choices, maybe you agree, maybe don't, whatever, let know... or better yet, if you know how, let Lego know. Maybe we can convince them to contuine the game.
Specially with this cliffhanger ending for the main story... geez.